It is our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all pupils. We provide a safe and welcoming environment where children are respected and valued. We are alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and follow procedures to ensure that children receive effective support, protection and justice. Child Protection forms part of our safeguarding responsibilities.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined as:
- protecting children from maltreatment
- preventing impairment of children's health or development
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children have the best outcomes
Child Protection is a part of safeguarding and promoting welfare. It refers to the activity that is undertaken to protect specific children who are suffering, or are likely to suffer, significant harm.
Our Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs) are:
- Mrs Kate Marchesi (Co Head Teacher)
- Mrs Maggie Down (Co Head Teacher)
- Mrs Helen Woolvet (Assistant Head Teacher)
- Miss Jane Mason (Inclusion Leader)
- Miss Larissa Cannon (Assistant Head Teacher)
- Mrs Emma McKay (ELSA)
Please click the links below for our policies and statements regarding safeguarding and protecting our children.