Food and drink
We are a NUT FREE school. Please do not allow your children to bring in any items containing nuts (in either snacks or packed lunches).
Every child is allowed to (and positively encouraged to) bring in a water bottle to keep in class. Water is also available at break and lunchtimes from the fountains in the playground.
All infant children are provided with a free piece of fruit to eat during their morning break. Junior children are more than welcome to bring fruit from home.
All children under the age of 5 are provided with milk, free of charge. After a child's 5th birthday they are still able to receive daily milk at a very reasonable charge. Please sign up for this by using coolmilk.com.
We work in partnership with Aspens to provide quality, healthy and varied hot food.
Free hot meals are available for all infant school children - (Early Years, Year 1 and Year 2).
Dinners for Junior children are charged at £2.70 per day, (free if your child is eligible for free school meals).
- Please pay for meals in advance using Aspen's online payment 'Select'. https://select.aspens-services.com
- All meals must be ordered in advance via the online system (this must be done before 9am on the day your child requires a meal). You can choose your child's food choices from the menu provided. Order a day at a time, per week or even a month in advance.
Some Junior children will be eligible for free school dinners. You can find out more about this and other related benefits on the Pupil Premium Page.
If your child requires a special diet (vegetarian, no dairy, egg free, etc.) please complete a Special Diet Request Form. Paper copies are available from the office if you need one.
- You can provide your child with a packed lunch which must contain items which your child can manage unaided.
- Due to allergies, we ask that you do not include any nuts or peanut butter in your child's packed lunch.
- No sweets or chocolates are allowed in packed lunches.
- As a healthy school, we encourage you to provide a nutritious packed lunch for your child - if you would like some ideas for what you could include, try these websites, NHS, BBC Good Food, Netmums.