"And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them."
How have you been a good friend today?
"Love is more important than anything else. It's what ties everything completely together."
How did God show his love for the world?
How do you show your love for others?
What can you do today to show love to other people?
'God said to human beings, "Fill the earth with people and look after it. Care for all that I have made."'
What is our responsibility to care for God's world?
How can I behave responsibly today?
Who relies on me to act responsibly?
"I am the Lord your God. I am holding your hand, so don't be afraid."
How was Jesus courageous?
What helps people to be courageous?
How have you shown courage today?
"It is better to be honest and poor than dishonest and rich."
Why is it important to be honest?
"Try to earn the respect of others."
Romans 12:17, paraphrase
Who do you respect and why?
What sort of behaviour earns respect?
What do you do to show you respect someone?
Please follow this link to read the full Accessibility Audit that was carried out by Direct Access Consultancy.
As a result of this survey the schools have implemented many of the suggested improvements that are listed in Section 6 – Action Plan.
Improvements carried out to date:
- Inclusion Centre works - external/internal doors now meet current DDA regulations. Ramp/step access installed to the front and rear access doors including handrails to meet current DDA regulations.
- Signage has been improved externally across the site.
- Trip hazards to internal stairwells have been removed. New temporary nosings have been installed and a complete refurbishment of both stairwells will be included in our schools rolling programme of works.
- Evacuation chairs have been installed to the top of each stairwell. Suitable training has been given to comply with current regulations.
- Disabled access lift installed.
- New tarmacadam surface installed to the junior school pathway.
- Sensor operated taps and cisterns installed and more will be completed in the phased works.
- Phased works to be completed in the near future include: fire doors, disabled toilets in both schools plus children’s toilet programme.
- We are in the process of agreeing fire protection works to bring both schools building up to current regulations. Planned commencement early 2018.
The above works have made the school site more accessible. Further phased works will build on the accessibility across the whole school.